Sunday, August 31, 2008

Edging and pad for AC

So far this weekend I have installed new edging along the north side of the house to make it easier to control the ivy
















I also dug out a place for a 4' by 4' concreete pad for the AC compressor - note the tubing can use the same holes as the old oil filler and vent



Pad with gravel ready to pour
Pad poured
Edging from front of house

I didn't really want to place the AC compressor close to the front of the house but I wanted it on the north side of the house (in the shade) and I didn't want the compressor to be under any windows so that is where it is going to end up. I poured the pad since I wanted a large area to have the compressor to set were it would be easy to control the ivy.

The next project for the north side is to dig out some window wells so the wood of the basement windows are away from direct contact with the soil to prevent insect access and rot.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home