Sunday, June 01, 2008

New Furnace and Spring Cleaning

I replaced the old (40+) oil burning Lenox furnace in January with a 93% efficient American Standard . After the first full month of heating (in a cold month) my gas bill was $125. I figure the old oil burner would have need about 125 gallons of oil - $3.40 or more a gallon so the new furnace will pay for it self fairly quickly.

The installer told me they could leave me the old blower - can be handy to have one around to dry floors etc. When working in the basement in December I said that I should open all the windows and run some fans then take a leaf blower to the joists to dislodge 100 years or so worth of dust. I sent some clouds of dust out and vacuumed allot of dust out - the old blower really moves some air.

Of course I sort of need to clean my workbench off but that is a job for another day.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home