Sunday, September 14, 2008

Coen Bros back to comedy

Saw Burn After Reading this weekend, not quite as good as Raising Arizona as a comedy, still it is a good movie. One has to to love the part, not to wanting to give anything away here, with Pope and Sledgehammer (J.K. Simmons & David Rasche) "what did we learn..."

I enjoyed the movie but it got me thinking about some of my favorite movies, Raising Arizona and Army of Darkness are right at the top. So having recently watched The Big Lebowski on it's 10 year or so anniversary I had this craving for a White Russian. So as I sat there enjoying my drink as I perused IMDb I ran across a new Firefly/Serenity based comic collection from Darkhorse and then much to my surprise a 4th movie in the Evil Dead Series - My Name is Bruce. If you have to ask yourself Bruce who, maybe that movie won't be for you. See Miscellania for more of my thoughts on Army of Darkness which I can saw with a straight face is one of my favorate movies.

(Almost scarier - there is a Musical Version of the Evil Dead it got really good reviews - but remember most of them were Canadian reviews, however some were from the New York production)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home